1. What is the difference between Ink Black and Gloss Black?
This is one of many examples of "colours" that can - at first - look very similar to each other. Polyester vs. polyurethane, are each made of a slightly different chemistry with traits designed to work better under particular conditions. Explain to us the long term purpose and describe the setting that your part is most likely going to be exposed to, and we will try our best to guide you towards the colour and finish that seems to be the best choice for your application.
2. Does Lazer Black come with colour flakes in the powder?
YES. It is a black base with a heavy metallic finish that produces a multi-coloured metallic effect.
3. Can you fade the colours with Powder Coating? I'd like one part to start as RED but fade into BLUE by the other end.
YES. We have a few ways to create a fade effect.
4. Would putting a clear coat over DISCO PURPLE help make a smoother finish?
YES. The metal flakes in the Disco are sometimes challenging, in terms of a consistent smooth finish, but a Clear top coat will help to make it smoother and it will help to create a sense of depth in the colour.
5. Would putting a clear coat over SATIN TITANIUM help to reduce fading?
YES. Polyurethane based coatings are U.V. Stable however, to maintain the appearance and to prevent oxidation we would recommend a clear top coat.
6. Will "Glowbee Clear" still Glow if I choose a clear matte top coat or a dark black base?
YES. However, it's glow-ability will be reduced because matte top coats are meant to act as a diffuser and this will limit the amount of "charge" that gets through. Then it's a similar problem, with a lower amount of energy collected off of a dark base.
Done properly, you should expect an average glow duration of anywhere between 30 minutes and one hour... if limiting with darker base, or matte top coat - expect less.
7. Does BLACK CHROME need a clear top coat?
NO. Black Chrome is considered a top coat. What it requires is a base coat of either a silver metallic or a chrome metallic.
8. Does INK BLACK need a clear top coat?
Although a top coat is not required for the colour, a clear top coat will help protect the finish over time.
9. Is SOFT RED CANDY a top coat?
YES. This is a great example of a top coat that effects the finished appearance. This same top coat can be applied over a brushed, polished or chrome surface - all with different results.
10. Will a Clear Vision top coat make any surface UV protected?
NO. Adding a Clear Top Coat will increase the durability and is likely to extend the life of the finish but it does not make the finish UV Stable
11. Is Walnut Texture a good colour for outdoor furniture?
YES. The soft sandpaper like polyester finish works well in all types of weather conditions.